The Member Experience
What is the experience of members like when they join the Y? It's all summed up in five points:
The atmosphere of the our Y reflects our values of honesty, respect, caring, responsibility and faith. It is encouraging, supportive, and relationship-based. Programs clearly speak to our three areas of focus nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living, and fostering a sense of social responsibility.
Staff members sincerely care for members and are committed to helping them reach their goals. The Y views individual member and community success as its own success, and finds a sense of pride in that.
Members can connect with other members through groups, programs of interest and community work—enabling them to build meaningful and deep relationships.
The Y understands its community's particular needs, offers programs that speak to those needs—and connects members with those programs.
When they walk in the door, members see photos and stories of people who have been impacted by the Y. Members believe that they are a vital part of a cause-driven organization and feel a sense of community responsibility.
The YMCA is a membership organization open to all. The YMCA welcomes people of all ages, races, sexes, ethnicities, religions, abilities and financial circumstances.
Thanks to the generous support of donors, financial assistance is available for those who qualify based on total household composition and income.
Some benefits of membership include:
- Extended access - 5 a.m. until 9 p.m. Monday - Friday; 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Saturday; 1 p.m. until 6 p.m. Sunday
- Safe, Christian atmosphere
- No contracts
- Flexible payment options: bank draft, credit card draft (V,MC,Disc) or six month/twelve month advance payment
- Financial Assistance up to 85% off membership and program fees based on household composition and total income
- Support to help you achieve your goals to build a healthy spirit, mind and body
- Opportunities to connect with family, friends and co-workers
- Wellness center with cardio equipment as well as strength machines that work all major muscle groups
- Free access to fitpath powered by Activtrax workout and nutrition tools
- Group exercise classes available in the early morning, morning, late afternoon and evening
- Group exercise classes available for adults, teens and kids aged 5 and older
- Low impact group exercise classes designed for seniors and members wishing to start off at a slower pace
- Body Sculpting
- Silver Sneakers Classes
- Kids Fit (ages 5-12)
- Indoor walking/running track
- Gymnasium for basketball, volleyball, pickleball and more ...
- 28' Climbing Wall
- Locker rooms with showers and dry saunas
- Computer lab with printing capabilities
- Membership reciprocity
- Swim lessons for adults and children (July and August)
- Personal training packages
- State licensed Before & After-School Care
- State licensed Pre-School (3 years of age before Sept 30)
- Teen Leadership After-School Program
- Summer Day Camps for ages 3 through 15
- Adult softball league
- Special member rates on all programs
- Free Child Watch with household membership
- Bible Study
- Day field trips for seniors
- The YMCA offers multiple membership options to meet the diverse needs of our community.
MEMBERSHIP RATES - Information - Applications
Effective March 1, 2020:
YOUTH: Ages 13-17 click here to download application
- monthly rate: $31
- joining fee: $35
YOUNG ADULT: Ages 18-24 click here to download application
- monthly rate: $38
- joining fee: $35
ADULT: Ages 25-64 click here to download application
- monthly rate: $45
- joining fee: $50
HOUSEHOLD: One adult and all dependents who may be claimed as a dependent of a parent under federal income tax laws. click here to download application
- monthly rate: $60
- joining fee: $75
SENIOR: Ages 65 and older click here to download application
- monthly rate: $36
- joining fee: $45
SENIOR & SPOUSE: At least one adult age 65 or older and their legal spouse. click here to download application
- monthly rate: $52
- joining fee: $65
IF YOU FEEL YOU CANNOT AFFORD THESE RATES,
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE.
SEE TAB TITLED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
MEMBERSHIP DRAFT CHANGE FORM (ACCOUNT INFORMATION ONLY) click here to download draft change form
- Download and complete, then bring this form to the Y. Your payment method will not be changed until the YMCA receives this form in person.
MEMBERSHIP CANCELLATION FORM click here to download cancellation form
- Download and complete, then bring this form to the Y. Your membership will not be cancelled until the YMCA receives this form in person.
We welcome members of other Y's that particpate in Nationwide Membership to use our facility at no charge. Present your membership ID card from your home Y and we will check you in through the Nationwide Membership website. You may be required to sign a waiver before beginning your visit if the website indicates one was not signed at your home Y.
Anyone over the age of 18 who is not a member of another Y, may pay for a guest pass to our facility if the state issued photo ID they present to the Member Services Representative shows an address outside of a 30 mile radius from our address of 212 Weaver Avenue, Emporia, Virginia. The rate is $10 per person per day or $30 per person per 7 day week.